Individual submissions size limit

I am trying to find out what the maximum submission size is per individual submission.
I know there is a limit to the total number of submissions and total storage per month, however, I am wanting to know what the limit is per each submission. I have had issues with other survey tools failing to submit submissions due to too big file sizes and exploring whether Kobo could be an alternative solution.

Welcome to the community, @karintgi! If you are planning to submit the data (that consists of text and integers), the submission size should not matter as the same does not take up the file size. It should take up the file size if you plan to submit a video or images.

You could submit a submission that has multiple images and videos which has not been an issue with KoboToolbox. But at the same time what is the expected size for each submission you wish to make? Maybe we could respond to you better knowing this first.

Thank you for your response. We are looking for up to 10-20 photos per submission, each 1-5 mb (up to 100 mb if possible). I just did a test and it seemed to work okay but still curious if there is a limit at all?

Hi @karintgi, there doesn’t appear to be a limit on the total submission size, but the request might fail if it takes too long to upload/process on the server side. I just tested with 15 images of roughly 10MB each and it was successful but took over a minute to complete the upload from Enketo :+1:

1 Like

So, in this case, @karintgi, you may also need to check your network capacity to see if you can upload this large submission to the server.