Install Kobo Toolbox on server

Hi. I’ve tried Kobo Toolbox and am interested to install it on my server (from source, without Vagrant and Virtual Box).
Unfortunately I can’t find any working guide on how to do this anywhere.
Could you help me please?

Hi , I can help you set it(kobo toolbox) up, I have some extra time this week off job, if interested then let me know whatsapp on +254710401008

···

On Saturday, October 10, 2015 at 11:05:43 AM UTC-4, Ellam ByDefault wrote:

Hi. I’ve tried Kobo Toolbox and am interested to install it on my server (from source, without Vagrant and Virtual Box).

Hi, Ellam. We’ve moved away from Vagrant and have started using Docker for KoBo Toolbox instances. You can find setup instructions in the repository: GitHub - kobotoolbox/kobo-docker: Stack of docker containers to all server-side components of KoBoToolbox (kpi, kobocat, enketo-express).. Let us know if you have any problems.

Thanks,
Esmail

···

On Saturday, October 10, 2015 at 11:05:43 AM UTC-4, Ellam ByDefault wrote:

1 Like

Hi Esmail,
I have tried the project for server. I followed the steps given on https://github.com/kobotoolbox/kobo-docker. If I followed the 7(2) step ie. If I uncomment the extra-hosts directory, then the "docker-compose up" command was not working, there was docker.parser.error. If I comment it back then the command worked. But I was not able to run it using host-address "https://172.17.0.1:8000/" .

Please let me know if I was doing something wrong. And also please let me clear the 7(2) step. This step is not clear to me. It is making confusion.
Thanks

Regards
Ruchi

Hi, Ruchi. It seems like you’re mixing the mutually-exclusive local and server configurations. Step 7 is only for server instances, whereas using port 8000 is only for local instances. I’ve updated the README in hopes of clarifying this point, so please have a look and try again.

Also, your question doesn’t relate to Ellam’s original question, so in the future please start a new request.

Thanks,
Esmail

···

On Monday, March 28, 2016 at 11:14:32 AM UTC-4, Ruchi Kansal wrote:

Hi Esmail,
I have tried the project for server. I followed the steps given on https://github.com/kobotoolbox/kobo-docker. If I followed the 7(2) step ie. If I uncomment the extra-hosts directory, then the “docker-compose up” command was not working, there was docker.parser.error. If I comment it back then the command worked. But I was not able to run it using host-address “https://172.17.0.1:8000/” .
Please let me know if I was doing something wrong. And also please let me clear the 7(2) step. This step is not clear to me. It is making confusion.
Thanks

Regards
Ruchi

I installed KoboToolBox server version on my local computer (Ubuntu) and intend to test it as a server. When I docker-compose up,it returns

Error when try to start nginx container (Bind for 0.0.0.0:80 failed: port is already allocated.)

Then i changed port 80 to 81 (ports: - 81:81) in docker-compose.yml. After I docker-compose up and tried docker-compose ps, everything shows ‘done’, which I think means normally running. However I could not open KoboToolBox on my browsers with the address I typed in, which is ‘172.17.0.1’ and ‘127.0.0.1’. I tried a lot but unable to run on my browser. Please help me out.

I installed KoboToolBox server version on my local computer (Ubuntu) and intend to test it as a server. When I docker-compose up,it returns

Error when try to start nginx container (Bind for 0.0.0.0:80 failed: port is already allocated.)

Then i changed port 80 to 81 (ports: - 81:81) in docker-compose.yml. After I docker-compose up and tried docker-compose ps, everything shows ‘done’, which I think means normally running. However I could not open KoboToolBox on my browsers with the address I typed in, which is ‘172.17.0.1’ and ‘127.0.0.1’. I tried a lot but unable to run on my browser. Please help me out.

Hi @palistha, do you have a tutorial or screenshots of the processes to install kobotoolbox on localhost?
I am new to this topic, so any information is good for me.

Hi
I responded to a similar request on a different thread that you had asked for the same help. Kindly have a look here

Stephane

1 Like