Is it possible to make a satellite view for geotrace or geoshape question types?

Hello everyone, is it possible to design a survey making a satellite view for geotrace or geoshape question types?

Hi @marceloscarone,

Yes, this can be done in KoBoToolbox for different question types viz. geopoint, geotrace and geoshape, and the process is same for all the three question types.

In the KoBoToolbox Form Builder UI, design your survey form as outlined in the image below (note: do not forget to type maps under the Appearance):

Once the form is ready and has been successfully deployed, make necessary setting arrangements under your KoBoCollect android app (please use the latest version of the KoBoCollect android app for more features; would recommend you to use the KoBoCollect v1.25.1 which is the latest version as of today) as outlined below:

• Select the setting button (which varies depending upon the brand of your android smartphone) of your KoBoCollect android app.
  • Select General Settings.
  • Select Maps.
  • Ensure Google is selected under the Source (as shown in the image below).
  • Select Satellite which should be located under Google map style (as shown in the image below).

Your settings is now ready and you should be able to collect your location based on satellite view through your KoBoCollect android app.

Have a great day!

1 Like

Hello, I have tried this setting but I am unable to see any satellite imagery.

Just to add that I’m having issues viewing Google Satellite imagery in KoboCollect. I have followed your setting advice but it still doesn’t work and I have had to resort to using ODK Collect.

Welcome to the community @domgusah! Would you mind trying it out in the latest release of the KoBoCollect android app. It should solve your issue.

I’m using version 1.27.3

Have you tried out with KoBoCollect v.1.28.0?

I can’t see v.1.28.0 on Play Store