Is there a limit to the size of the XLS form?

Hello everybody,

I sometimes have problems loading the form, so I think it is because of the size of the form, and now it does not let me generate reports in excel, it keeps generating the file, but it does not finish it.

My question is:

Is there a limit to the size of the XLS form?

Welcome to the community, @GuiPortillo! Did you have an issue uploading your survey form (XLSForm) or downloading the data (in XLS format)?

Hi Kal_Lam,
Today it worked fine for me, I think I had a lot of older versions, so that was not allowing me to make the reports, so that was the problem.
My previous question is, that my form is very large, it is for taking data for solar plant planning, so I wanted to put in a lot of information regarding solar panel brands, etc. I had to reduce the form a little bit, but I don’t know exactly if there is a limit for it?
Regards

OK, so there are a lot of factors that could time out the form while being loaded. Some of them could be as follows:

• If you have too many questions in your survey tab.
  • If you have too many choices in your choices tab.
  • If your XLSForm has a lot of complex constraints.

So to check out which caused the effect, you will need to …

• Break down the survey into smaller chunks to see if that does not time out.
  • User external choices if you have too long choices under the choices tab.
  • Try to remove the constraints/expressions to see if they are the ones that are timing out the form.

Thank you Kal_Lam, the problem is that i have too many choices in my choices tab, Is there a specific tool in Kobotool to use external choices?
Thank you for your time, best regards

@GuiPortillo, you should be able to use the external choices as outlined in our previous post:

Here is another approach using external choices:

Thank you Kal_Lam, I appreciate it.

Hi Kal_Lam with the same form as last time, I have been trying the various forms that you have given me, but they do not work.
I copied the solution that is there (Select_one choice filter form another select_one), it works once and when I enter to modify it, the following error appears.
Zeile konnte nicht angezeigt werden:
type=“select_one_from_file” name=“CDC_Code” Label=“CDC Code” hint=“Select the Modell” requiered=“true”… here the file
select_one_from_file.xlsx (15.4 KB)
CDC_Code.csv (35.5 KB)