Issues with matrix question

Hi all,

Has this problem been resolved? What is the solution? I am having the same issue. After translating from English (Default language) to Tetun (our official language), I cannot preview my form. The names on the columns and rows have disappeared as well. I have lots of matrix questions and its daunting to write them all over again. Help would be greatly appreciated.

P.s. I did the translation on dashboard.


Welcome to the community @ebaptista1! Could you kindly share with us a screenshot of the issue you are facing. This should help us better understand your issue.

Hi Kal_Lam here is a screnshot of the error. I meant to ask people about how many computers do they have in their organizations, the types and age but the headings in the rows and columns have all dissapeared.

Are you able to replicate the issue again i.e. could you share with us a video of issue (on how it happened).

Hi @Kal_Lam I know the query above relates to the form builder/form, but the below is a different problem related to the data side of matrix questions in other languages in case related

1 Like

Hi Kal_Lam,
This problem initially occurred when I add another language on the project dashboard. Following the instruction here Adding Another Language in the Project Dashboard — KoBoToolbox documentation, and translated about half of the question on my form. The default language is English.

This problem has been solved after I downloaded the form and added the second language manually in the excel sheet and then upload it back on the kobotoolbox. I followed the instructions on this link Adding Another Language to your XLSForm — KoBoToolbox documentation)%20you%20just%20added.


1 Like