Iteration using name of ansewers in the questions

Hello,

Hello everyone,

I’m currently working on a project in KoboToolbox and I’m trying to design a questionnaire with a specific logic. I would appreciate your assistance in solving an issue I’m facing.

Here’s the logic I’m trying to achieve:

1. Firstly, I have a multiple-choice question.
  2. For each selected choice from the previous question, I want to open a set of sub-questions.
  3. Additionally, I need to use the selected choices from the first question as part of the sub-question prompts.

To implement step 2, I have successfully used the “count-selected” function in the “repeat count” field, and it’s working as expected. However, I’m having trouble using the selected choices in the sub-question prompts. I have tried using the “jr:choice-name” function to retrieve the name of the selected choices, but it iterates through the names of all the choices, not just the selected ones.

Could anyone please guide me on how to achieve this desired functionality? Any suggestions or examples would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!

test grupos.xlsx (14.4 KB)

Welcome back to the community, @ricardovr22! Maybe this is what you are trying to achieve:

Just what i was trying to achive.
Thanks @Kal_Lam

1 Like