Khmer text to upload on Kobo

Dear Kobo team,
Would it be possible to upload the Khmer version of the survey on this tool? Does the platform support the script to visualise it properly?
The survey is originally in English but has already been translated into Khmer.
I am looking forward to reading your answer.
Thank you
Marianne

@d4d_test, do you mean you wish to have your survey project in Khmer language (that was created in Khmer language in the xlsform?

Thank you @Kal_Lam for your reply.
We used another platform to do this survey but we can’t any longer use it. There, we wrote the survey in English that is already translated into Khmer. We can export the Khmer version in XML form from that other platform. Would there be an easy way to upload it on Kobo? And Kobo supports Khmer script if we upload the form on the platform?
Thank you.
Marianne

@d4d_test, please be informed that with KoBoToolbox, you should be able to upload an xlsform and then deploy your project or you could create a project through the form builder and then deploy it. The system would not allow uploading an XML form to the server.

Thank you for your reply!
Do you know if the translated version in Khmer will be supported on Kobo? and how to match the translation lines between english and khmer?
Best,
Marianne

@d4d_test, maybe this support article should be able to explain to your queries:

Hi @Kal_Lam
Could you let me the Khmer verison is still at 16% or if there is an update?KoBoToolbox localization

Thank you

Thank you for the articles you shared. Although it doesn’t tell me if the Khmer script will be readable / is compatible on Kobo.
The question is if I upload a Khmer version of the survey, will the text/letters/words appear correctly?
And would the buttons like ‘next’, ‘submit’, etc… be in Khmer as well?
Thank you in advance.
Marianne

Hi @d4d_test
Unfortunately, I am not familiar with Khmer script. I would recommend you test this in a small form maybe 4 to 5 different types of questions and see how it works,

Stephane

1 Like