Kobo-install is stuck in a loop

Dear KoBoToolbox community,

I’m reaching for help setting up my own installation of KoboToolbox, which I currently experiement nothing but frustration with. My configuration is as follow:

• Jelastic VM (VPS with Ubuntu 18.04 LTS)
  • 4 Gb of RAM
  • 12.8 GHz of dedicated CPU
  • kobo-install script in its most recent version yet (commit a61b14c)

I am following this tutorial for setting up my environment yet I cannot achieve a proper installation. After about 10 clean installs (uninstalling using this tutorial and starting all over) I still get to the same point where the process keeps on looping on the same operations. I checked the performances of my server and nothing unusual happens, It still is doing fine with enough RAM and CPU availability.

The installation process asks for 600 more seconds and then asks to reboot only the frontend instances, but it changes nothing to the final output. I never get to see the “Ready” message.

I also tried installing using a dedicated “kobo” user with docker rights and in its home directory, but since I was not getting the results I was looking for, I felt back on an install in the /opt directory using the root user… which lead me to the same conclusion.

Any clue on what’s happening would be a bliss. Thanks in advance!

P.-S: I checked the firewall rules and here’s my configuration, should it matter (all ports have been set to open for anyone, which I aim to fix once I get KoBoToolbox to work, of course):

You can find the configuration I use during the installation here (note: passwords have been removed for obvious reasons and domain name was redacted to “example .com”):

https://framabin.org/p/?533f07ce48850fa2#cK6MViYF8227g3awkae5Bf2TdLjM6J0S4+YbrAXTyuM=

Here’s what comes out of the python3 run.py --logs command:

https://framabin.org/p/?0de2b98683d33ace#CHvrtTGmdBxHEFoi6Xc3cx+LR86f44UQKKGiY0u+lSo=

According to these logs, everything seems to run correctly. I guess you tried to wait a long period to let KPI and Enketo Express compile assets.

Can you show KPI’s logs only please?

I’m having the exact same problem. Did you manage to solve it?

Best regards.