Kobo Push Notification

Hello Kobo Community,
With a team, we have been working on developing a reusable data collection form in Kobo for water infrastructure mapping. I am inquiring if there is a possibility to create a scheduled Kobo form push notification to the data collectors asking them to collect data in given areas. All responses are very much appreciated including optional ways to achieve that outside of Kobo but linking the data form.

Thank you!

ODK Central has a function that works with push notifications, not sure about kobo thou or may be not encountered it yet )

@wava_stella, could you also kindly elaborate with maybe an example of what you tried to describe earlier?

It would help the community to help you out if it’s doable with KoboToolbox.

@morriz, could you explain how it works so that it would be easy for @wava_stella to see if it’s the same feature?

1 Like

@Kal_Lam sure!

I developed a data collection from using the server (https://kobo.humanitarianresponse.info/) and deployed it to collect data on water infrastructure. Using a Kobo API, my form was integrated with WPdx(a wash site) and the collected data is automatically received in semi-realtime when collected with my form.

While brainstorming for scalability, would it be possible to send a push notification to every member of the team that already has the kobo collect App asking them to collect data using the form in the area?

I hope this is clearer.

1 Like

@morriz, can you share some details /materials on how this works?

1 Like

So you wish to send a notification in the Collect android app?

Let me ping @Xiphware who should be able to add more to this discussion.

@Kal_Lam, YES! Any way this can be made possible would be wonderful for us to tryout.

1 Like

Did you find a solution for this that you can please share with me cause I have the same need
@wava_stella
@Kal_Lam
@Xiphware