KoboCat Error 400 external instance source

Hello all,

I’m trying to attach a large list of itemset but keep getting this error. Here’s a sample of my tool and itemset
admin2_info_county_itemsets.csv (2.9 KB)
tool.xlsx (208.9 KB)

Unexpected KoBoCAT error 400: b’{“detail”:“The same instance id will be generated for different external instance source URIs. Please check the form. Instance name: ‘admin2_info_county_itemsets’, Existing type: ‘file’, Existing URI: ‘jr://file-csv/admin2_info_county_itemsets.csv’, Duplicate type: ‘choice’, Duplicate URI: ‘None’, Duplicate context: ‘survey’.”}’

@emmhaze, if you wish to design your survey project using the select_one_external, you could do it as outlined in our post discussed previously:

If you wish to design your survey project using the select_one_from_file, you could do it as outlined in the support article Select One or Many From External File Question Type.

Thanks @Kal_Lam
It worked fine

1 Like

Hello @Kal_Lam,

I have another form that uses an external file but in this case, the example you gave earlier is for when one question needs to use the external file. My current form has three instances where the external file is to be used which will increase the rows of my external file to about 60,000. I guess there should be a way to this. I’m attaching the xlsx file and itemsets for your reference. Thanks

itemsets.csv (2.9 MB) tool.xlsx (1.5 MB)

Maybe in this case you could also try out select_one_from_file as outlined in the post discussed previously:

I tried doing this and I’m getting a download results failure from the kobo collect mobile app on the phones.

Could you make your CSV file a bit small to make a test to see if should work with a smaller file size? 60k should be a large file size. Or alternatively try the same with a device that should have greater memory to over the same.

Yes my State csv is 1kb, district is 4kb and village is 27kb. The tool has just 5 lines

Would you reduce it to 10-15 for each i.e. state, district and village and see if this works?

District_Code.csv (3.4 KB) State_Code.csv (528 Bytes) tool2.xlsx (21.3 KB) Village_Code.csv (1.1 KB)

That didn’t work as well, attached is the test tool and csvs