KoBoCollect v1.25.1 versus KoBoCollect v1.27.3

Hi,

I’m setting up two new android tablets for data collection. Both are the exact same model with the exact same android build. Both have the same version of Google Play Store. However, despite using the same Google Play Store link, only KoboCollect v1.25.1 is available on one tablet, while on the other I get KoboCollect v1.27.3 (see attached screenshots).

I saw the banner on the 1.27.3 version warning me of the need to migrate storage from v1.26 onward which directed me to this article (https://forum.getodk.org/t/odk-collect-v1-26-storage-migration/25268).

I am sending the tablets out for field work and would like to have them completely set up in advance. My questions are 1) am I safe to migrate storage on the tablet that has v1.27.3? and 2) is there any way to get v1.27.3 on the second tablet/do you know why Google Play Store is showing v1.25.1 instead?

Many thanks,
Tom

Hi @tgmeo,

Regarding your first concern:

Yes.

Regarding your second concern:

You should be getting the update soon. 50% of the users should have already received the upgrade/update. It should shortly go to 100% in a couple of days.

TBH, i too have not received an upgrade in one of my old device while have received an update in the new ones. Maybe if you desperately need the new one you could connect the play store with a fresh gmail account (i.e. with a gmail account that is not used in other devices) and you should be able to get a latest version.

Have a great day!

1 Like

Great - thank you @Kal_Lam!

2 Likes