KoboToolbox Excel Data Analyser v1.23 usage

Dear KoBoToolbox community, greetings to you.
I need your help on the use of KoboToolbox Excel Data Analyser v1.23. After my pilot survey with the questionnaire i made in kobotoolbox and kobocollect data collection app, I downloaded the data xls form as well as the xls form (with survey, choices and settings sheets). Then I configured the analyser and copied the survey sheet, choices sheet and the data xls form into the analyser. After this configuration process, i could access the questions but NO ANALYSIS RESULTS appearing whether under CHOICE or UNIQUE. See attached screenshot. What could be the problem.

Your help is much appreciated.

Hi @Simakechula,

Here is a good video tutorial on excel analyzer prepared by @iker.montes:

Video 1:

Video 2:

Video 3:

Video 4:

Have a great day!

1 Like

Thank you @Kal_Lam for your quick feedback. Will keep you posted
Have a great day too

1 Like

most likely your problem is related to VIDEO 1 minute 6:40!!! Remove a “_”
THis bug has been mentioned a lot of times in the forum, but there is no solution yet, rendering the EXCEL analyser" a less usable tool. Hope that the KOBO Team solves it soon!

1 Like

@iker.montes and @Kal_Lam thanks for your guidance on the excel data analyser. At least I can see some data analysis coming up now. The learning continues!!

2 Likes

I had the same proble, – charts aren’t displaying. So i tried all the tricks in the videos. But there are still no charts displaying. Hope there is a solution now. Thanks!

I tried everything in the manual and videos shared by Kal_Lam but the charts remain blank. Did any one find a solution to blank charts?