Kobotoolbox & Google sheet Sync

Hey Tino,
I have tried following the instruction but after completing the authorization part, when I re-run the code then it shows error. I’m able to cover till 7th instruction of installation. But then the code is showing some kind of error. I’m attaching the file alongwith. Please help me.

···

Dear Pierre,

I’m using your script to import kobo data in a google sheet : everything works well, but the script doesn’t just import the new or updated data: it re-imports all the data each time and pastes them below the already downloaded data that are thus duplicated.

Could you please tell me if it’s normal (which means that I must clean the GSheet each time before importing) ?

Thanks for your answer.

Kind regards,

Serge

yes its true it doesnot update it reimport everything,i used one more script to remove duplicates so that it feels updated

···

On Tuesday, 19 June 2018 23:20:44 UTC+5:30, tghlo...@gmail.com wrote:

Dear Pierre,

I’m using your script to import kobo data in a google sheet : everything works well, but the script doesn’t just import the new or updated data: it re-imports all the data each time and pastes them below the already downloaded data that are thus duplicated.

Could you please tell me if it’s normal (which means that I must clean the GSheet each time before importing) ?

Thanks for your answer.

Kind regards,

Serge

Hi Fachrizal,

Did you find a solution to the ‘Undefined’ problem?

Thanks

···

On Tuesday, November 21, 2017 at 10:27:28 AM UTC+2, Fachrizal Sinaga wrote:

Hello,

I really apreaciate for the script in this thread,

I have a problem, all the data from Kobo show ‘undefined’ when it get imported to google spreadsheets,

If anybody know what’s wrong with this ?

thanks,

Pada Jumat, 22 September 2017 09.51.13 UTC+7, Peter Smith menulis:

Thanks Pierre, your script works great!

The only issue I’ve found is when the Kobo form contains repeated groups of questions. In this case, only the first group of responses for each individual record gets imported into the Google Sheet like this:

When I export the XLS file from the Kobo website, however, each group is given its own tab. Do you think it could be possible to replicate this in the Google Sheets script as well?

Thanks again!

Peter

On Monday, August 28, 2017 at 10:15:16 AM UTC-3, Pierre Grandidier wrote:

Dear Ahmed,
I am glad that the Kobo-GSheet synch is working on your side. It is also working for me.

You can easily set up some automated time based triggers on any Google script. I have set up mine to update every 5 minutes.

Please follow this link which describes it well:

https://www.quora.com/How-can-I-periodically-run-a-Google-Script-on-a-Spreadsheet

I hope this helps!

Pierre

Le lundi 28 août 2017 12:06:59 UTC+2, Ahmed Hassan a écrit :

Dear All,

I tested Kobotoolbox sync with google sheet and it was worked, but Manually,

I mean((You must click on the Kobotoolbox button and then click on the entry then “Select the survey(s) to import” then choose “Import data into which sheet?” finally “Import survey data” for update the data from Kobo to excel sheet)).

But, I need automatically, do you have any ways

Hello guys,

Any update or modified procedure on this topic?
Thanks,

When the setup is run, following error occurs " UiApp has been deprecated. Please use HtmlService instead" . Can someone with developer background edit the script to convert google app UI into html service?

1 Like

Hi @mohan_n we are currently looking for volunteers to update our Google Sheet Scripts -

2 Likes

Is it a lot of work (manhours)? can computer engineering students do this? What will the work entail? I can try look for volunteers if someone can guide them.

1 Like

Hi
My colleague @mike.destaubin would reach out to you for further discussions

Regards
Stephane

1 Like

Any news on this? It would be great to have a working solution to link kobo data with Google Sheets.

1 Like

I am using “API Connector” Google Sheets add-on to pull data from Kobo to google sheets… After a lot of search this stumbled upon a not so costly alternative (by Indian standards)
You need to know the JSON file link for your project.

Check it out.

2 Likes

Hi @mohan_n. can you please give me steps for this? I am struggling to connect my Kobo survey responses to Google sheets. I have installed the add-on, but I don’t know what to do next as I am new to this. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @eeshatariq

Have you followed teh discussions here?

Regards
Stephane

Hi @stephanealoo I did but this does not give me the script for HtmlService. The current script is not working because UiApp is deprecated.

hi @Kal_Lam @stephanealoo
How should I link repeating group and multiple choice question from kobotoolbox to excel power query?

I’ve replied on other post about the solution to this deprecated UiApp.
Well, I don’t if it still can usefull for you, but it’s good to let it here for everyone to know
It’s in the kobo github, at the pull requests.

I’ve tested yesterday (june 3rd) and it’s working very well.

1 Like

Is the google sheets connection working again? I know it went offline for a while. With the latest iteration is it possible to automate it so it automatically synchs the data from kobo in google sheets every hour? I want it to update the data directly and without duplication.

Hi @InternewsEm
Did you manage to look at the details indicated in the previous message?

Stephane

1 Like

Good day

Were you able to resolve fix your request around linking Kobotoolbox and Google sheet sync? If yes, please can you help me out?

Hi @tomisin
Not yet. The first attempt did not go well. So I will probably see if I can find time this week to look at it and then update you on the forum.
Stephane

1 Like