Kobotoolbox on Azure without VM? Or SSO using Azure AD

Hi Team, this may be an off-topic question for this forum, but just wanted to know if there are any possible ways we can install our own kobo on Azure without VM?

Also are there any options to enable SSO using Azure?

Thanks as always.

Hi @ryanend,

Were you able to install KoBoToolbox on Azure?

Have a great day!

Hi @Kal_Lam we did not try to install on the Docker on Azure, however we succeeded installing on linux based VM on Azure.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Hi @ryanend,

Thank you for letting the entire community know.

Have a great day!

2 Likes

Hi @ryanend ,
How about the SSO? I’m looking for the same i.e installing on Azure VM but need the SSO with Azure AD. Please share your experience.

Kind regards,
Adil

2 Likes

Hi @ryanend,
I’m installing it on Azure, installation goes well without any issues but when the installation reaches to “Waiting for environment to be ready. It can take a few minutes.” . It stuck there and keep repeating. I’ve checked the logs but can’t see any bottle neck. I’ve 4GB RAM, 2 processor and 20GB disk space. I’m installing it on Linux (ubuntu 20.04).

Hi, grateful if anybody could comment on this topic (SSO with Azure AD). I would like to know if KoboToolbox supports this or not.
Best regards,
Gakumin

@gakuminkato the installation went very well i.e without any issues but we didn’t try the SSO thing as it requires python knowledge to update the login process.

1 Like

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue with message “Waiting for environment to be ready. It can take a few minutes.” Will you please help me with the resolution steps if this is already resolved?

Hi,

My answer is a bite late, but you can use Azure Web App instead of a VM. The service could use your repo, so deployment with CI/CD integration is a great option. For SSO, it could be integrated with the App Service level, the question will be how the application will handle the “session”?!

That’s what we use most of the time (ex: Password pusher, GLPI, etc.), it’s lighter, no more OS patch/update, secure and we deploy within our DevOps solutions (Github, Azure DevOps).

Let me know if you need details. :stuck_out_tongue: