Labelling Matrix questions

Hi,
I created a form but I have a problem with the matrix questions. It seems the column labeling can’t be saved. As soon as I build the matrix questions (labels, values…) it’s fine. But then it doesn’t work and can’t be deployed because the labels vanished. How can I solve that?
thanks

Hi @talibes_3,

Welcome to the community! You could workaround with the example provided from the post that has already been discussed in the past (which uses styling prompts).

In the survey sheet of your xlsform:

In the choices sheet of your xlsform:
Image 2

In the settings sheet of your xlsform:
Image 3

Reference xlsform:
Matrix Questions with Skips.xls (47.5 KB)

You should be able to build your own survey form with a matrix question following the example provided above.

Have a great day!

Thanks for your quick response. The problem is that I can’t even download the xls form of my QNR. It says “Server Error 500”… I’m kind of stuck
Best

Hi @talibes_3,

Would you mind providing us the following information in a private message so that we could have a look from our end:

• User name
  • Project name
  • Server you are using (HHI or OCHA)

Have a great day!

Hi.
Username: xxxx

Project Name: xxxx

Thank you for your help

Best

Hi @talibes_3,

Kindly please be informed that we have received you user name and the project name (and are looking at your case). Also please be informed that we have changed your user name and project name as a means of security issue.

Will let you know once we have figured out the issue!

Have a great day!

Hi @talibes_3,

Kindly please be informed that your survey form should not work (i.e. you should be able to download your xlsform or deploy it). Try using the file New Test5 (Clone). I could also view it in Enketo as shown in the image below:

Survey form as see in Enketo:

Here, i deleted your matrix question that was causing this situation. You should now be able to add a fresh matrix question either from an xlsform as shown in the image above (in post 2) or through the KoBoToolbox Form Builder User Interface as outlined in the support article here.

Have a great day!

1 Like