Labels via API

Hi All;

During my review to the post and discussions it seems no such solution till now,

as there are many demands for this issue

Please let us know in case any update popped up

Hi all (@hishamdar, @rupeshpatil80040, @raquelchaicoj, @MaddTitan, @ezyarmal), please note that this feature has been completed and will be released into production in the coming weeks. Thank you for your patience :pray:

3 Likes

WOW !!! Looking forward for its Release :slight_smile::pray:

1 Like

Que bien… lo he estado esperando! ¿ya esta funcionando?

1 Like

No @raquelchaicoj, it will be out in the next release.

Hello All,

I am wondering if any exact date or schedule of next release, for the adjusted LABEL API issue,.

Thanks in advance

Hi @hishamdar, the release will be deployed in the coming days :+1: Thank you for your patience :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hi all (@hishamdar, @rupeshpatil80040, @raquelchaicoj, @ezyarmal, @MaddTitan), please note that this feature is now available and is documented here:

2 Likes

Great effort from the dev team.
I have a question here:
what’s setting_uid for label export in the /api/v2/assets/{asset_uid}/export-settings/{settings_uid}/data.csv?

1 Like

Hi @kienl, it’s a unique identifier (uid) auto-generated by the KoboToolbox system to match and track the export setting.

For e.g. here is my first export setting:

So if you look at the API, you should see that the system has already generated settings_uid for me:

Here the settings_uid is es9TCQpyHN24N2jyKBsttfM. With this setting, you should be able to download all those variables that you have checked under Select questions to be exported.

The settings_uid should be the same till the first export you have made (or if you have also cleared all the settings if there were multiple export settings made previously).

Now, I wish to change my export setting. So I changed the selected variables and renamed the Save selection as from My new exports to My second exports. Here you should see that the system should generate a unique and different settings_uid for me:

So once again, if you look at the API, you should see that the system has now generated a different settings_uid for me:

Here the newly generated settings_uid is esiaYFpiYymexSgbF8e6524. So with these settings, I will be able to download only Name and _id as shown in the image above.

In addition, if you have also not deleted the exports in the Download UI (as shown in the image below):

You should be able to see two different settings_uid in the API. But if you clear the Apply saved export settings, you will see the default settings_uid auto-generated at the very beginning.

3 Likes

Thank you @Josh ,and other team for this achievement, appreciated

and Thank you @Kal_Lam for the clarification as well

I have set my export settings for my form and i got the data_url_xlsx, it is active and functional for downloading data in LABEL according to export-settings i have.

but i faced the issue in excel when i get the (data from WEB) , it does not accept the link aforementioned and comes out with Error 404. Is there any other additional setting i have to set also? to get DATA from WEB through data_url_xlsx link.

2 Likes

@hishamdar, did you mean when you tried to connect your data to Excel Power Query? If yes, maybe you will need to make your data public. Feel free to reach us back if you should still have issues.

2 Likes

Thank you very much @Kal_Lam , I got it

All the best

2 Likes

Not understanding this new AOI , how to get {Assest_id} and {Setting_uid}… Can someone help with step wise explanations… :confused:

@rupeshpatil80040, this post should have the detailed steps:

Ok will try it…
BUT CAN I KNOW HOW TI FIND ASSET UID??

@rupeshpatil80040, suppose if this is the URL you see when you are in a project:

https://kobo.humanitarianresponse.info/#/forms/afFQsei6JTirTpdQ96GRdb/landing

Then afFQsei6JTirTpdQ96GRdb is the {asset_uid} for the API.

Thank you very much :grin:

1 Like

Working as wanted…:+1:

2 Likes

Awesome, many thanks to the team for working on this

1 Like