List of Forms Names in exported XLS

Hi there, so my team and I used KOBO Collect tool for collecting the data for a survey in Yemen. At the end of each survey, the data collectors renamed the form title as the name of the beneficiary, then uploaded the finalized survey.
When all was done, I was reviewing the data and realized that we have an issue with at least 30% of the submissions, so we need to go back to the same beneficiaries to resurvey them again. to be able to identify the ones we need to redo, I was planning to simply check the forms titles, which will allow me to identify the name of the beneficiary, so we can go and visit them again. The problem is that I cannot find any of the submitted titles! its as if we never named any form! even though when I check the devices of the 8 data collectors I can see they have 50+ each, and each of those 50 has a unique name of the beneficiary.
Then, we send the finalized the surveys with the titles we created.

But when checking the data online or when downloading the XLS data sheet, there is no column or anything to show or reflect the “titles”.
my question is this: is there a trick or a way or a walkaround that will allow me to see all the survey data along with the title of each submission?
Thanks in advance,

Hi there, so my team and I used KOBO Collect tool for collecting the data for a survey in Yemen. At the end of each survey, the data collectors renamed the form title as the name of the beneficiary, then uploaded the finalized survey.
When all was done, I was reviewing the data and realized that we have an issue with at least 30% of the submissions, so we need to go back to the same beneficiaries to resurvey them again. to be able to identify the ones we need to redo, I was planning to simply check the forms titles, which will allow me to identify the name of the beneficiary, so we can go and visit them again. The problem is that I cannot find any of the submitted titles! its as if we never named any form! even though when I check the devices of the 8 data collectors I can see they have 50+ each, and each of those 50 has a unique name of the beneficiary.
my question is this: is there a trick or a way or a walkaround that will allow me to see all the survey data along with the title of each submission?
Thanks in advance,

Welcome to the community, @rushd_apex! This feature is not present with KoboToolbox at the moment. I am, thus, changing your post to a suggestion box so that this should be on our radar for future new features.

Hello @rushd_apex,
As a workaround you can add an internal variable of calculate type storing the title of the form per calculation “titleText”. Also a hidden type with default (or calculation) might work.

You might also let the user enter a title in a form field and $-reference it as “title” (in settings sheet) and deactivate direkt title setting by users (in Collect settings)

I guess this might work for future entries, but how can I figure out the entries that has already been submitted? they were given “Form Titles” but it wasn’t stored anywhere.

Thanks a lot. appreciate it.

1 Like

Maybe submission_time (and userid) might help for filtering out the cases.

1 Like

I would like this feature as well! I ran into the same problem: data collectors named the forms after the beneficiaries, but occasionally selected the wrong beneficiary name within the form. I want to be able to cross-check them, but I am not in the field, so I can’t look at the tablets themselves.

1 Like