Lock a multiple choice list after the allowed quota is reached

Hello. I would like to lock the multiple choice options, once the selected multiple choice number is reached.
For example, in my case, I would ask the user the following questions:
“You can tick multiple boxes (maximum 5).”

Indeed, on a set of 8 Multiple Choices, he can only tick 5 options. Once the authorized quota is reached, the other 3 choices are grayed out / locked (therefore impossible to select them)
I would like to know if this is possible with Kobo toolbox, and if so, how to do it?Lock a multiple choice list after the allowed quota is reached.xlsx (10.7 KB)

@esy_cari2020, you could do it as outlined in the post discussed previously:

Hi @esy_cari2020
You can use the count-select function as suggested by @Kal_Lam. However, this will not grey out the options but rather only force you to select any three; if you unselect one of the ones you have selected, you can still select another to replace. However, if you needed to somehow capture the very first choices that were selected, you may want to introduce a hidden calculate question that captures the selection only once for every instance of selection. Kindly confirm what is the approach you intend to have so that other users can chyme in.

Regards,
Stephane

1 Like