Lost Drafts on Kobo Enketo Express after an Update (1 hour ago)

How can I recover data I lost on KoBo enketo express saved as draft after an update on the enketo app! How can I get the drafts back?

@Kal_Lam I have lost all my drafts on enketo express after an update to enketo app on chrome browser. How can I recover these?

Welcome to the community, @jmwamburi! Did you clear the cache of your browser?

No. I simple accepted an update for enketo app on chrome browser @Kal_Lam

@jmwamburi, do you have some screenshots of what the updates were like? BTW, could you also let us know the server you are using? Are you on a public server or a self-hosted server?

humanitarianresponse.info @Kal_Lam

1 Like

@jmwamburi, do you have some screenshots of what the updates were like?

@jmwamburi, please note that if you have not cleared your browser’s cache, the data should still be there.

Maybe this support article Collecting Data through Web Forms should be helpful for you to understand how Enketo works.

@Kal_Lam

@jmwamburi, this update will not affect your form storage. Did you also check your server? Maybe the data (you collected) has already reached the server.

Please note that the system will automatically sync the submissions (with the server) if you are online.

This update affected the forms I had. There was another error on ‘server’ before it made the update, which I accepted and on return, I find all the 16+ drafts gone @Kal_Lam

@Kal_Lam I think the draft forms just disappeared once enketo express app received an update. I am afraid draft forms for my colleages may also disappear in a similar manner once they access internet and receive an update - we are currently working offline awaiting any advise?

Hi @Kal_Lam
I just had the same issue. Could you please help me recover the drafts?