Managing cascading select questions for a very large question choices

No problem at all, kindly do send the XLS form once you have amended it, I will surely look at it.

@stephanealoo

Thanks so much for the guide.

We have followed the instructions as directed, however, after replacing the form with the existing form that is being used currently for the data collection, the same error of ā€˜failureā€™ to get the selected blank form still persists.

Thanks in anticipation of other possible solutions. Attached are the two files (XLS form and the CSV.
hf.csv (2.4 MB) National iMSV Checklist (NMEP) - Search.xlsx (40.1 KB) external file).hf.csv (2.4 MB) National iMSV Checklist (NMEP) - Search.xlsx (40.1 KB)

Nothing changed. But my worry why is affecting only this form, including the training version.

@Kal_Lam , and @stephanealoo we have not heard, please it seems there is no solution.

@tomisin, we might go ahead and upload a new xlxform

@cchukwu, cc: @tomisin kindly please be informed that our team is investigating your issue. Also please note that it may take some time.

Thanks @Kal_Lam , I donā€™t know if itā€™s an app problem because kobocollect version 1.27.3 also fails but we access the form while the current version 1.29.3 will show failure and you canā€™t access the form from the fill blank formā€¦

Hi @cchukwu
Kindly confirm that when you upload this form as a new project, you are actually able to get it to work.

Stephane

@stephanealoo

Yes, when it was uploaded as a new project, it worked perfectly well.

@tomisin letā€™s try to change the name of the project and redeploy because the training version which I unarchived yesterday has the same issue.

So letā€™s change National iMSV Checklist (NMEP)

To

iMSV National_NMEP Checklist

@tomisin , for the purpose of learning, kindly explain to the community how we were able to resolve the issue. Thank you.

1 Like

Thanks for the remainder @cchukwu

@stephanealoo and @Kal_Lam, we have been able to resolve the lingering challenge of getting the XLS form on the KoboCollect APP, thank you so much for the support.

While we tried out so many steps and couldnā€™t really trace to the exact solution, one major thing was the removal of the media file on the document. We have not added it again since then, but that was a major step aside from the conversion of the choices to an external file as you have advised.

Thanks to the community and best regards.

2 Likes