Managing permissions

As description inthis article, I was used to manage my permissions, with sub user accounts, as described under the paragraph ‘Assigning ‘Can Submit To’ rights for specific users’.

However since a week there seems to be a bug in the ‘general’ settings tab, where you could add these ‘can submit’ for all the accounts. So what is described in the article is not working anymore for me. Do more people have this problem?

Herewith the screenshot with highlighted the place where I normally could add the ‘submitters’.

I have checked this for all my Kobo projects, and it happens to all of them. The same situation also occurs in Edge and Chrome.

Thanks in advance for the support.

All the best,

Frederik

Hi @frederiksteenwch,

Welcome to the community! The support article you have attached in the post above is related with Managing Permissions. The article explains you how to share your projects with other users.

I could notice that you are inside in the Projects>SETTINGS>Media. To go to managing permissions please try going to Projects>SETTINGS>Sharing.

Please see the image below. It is similar to the image that you shared. It was produced when I tried entering the Project>SETTINGS>Media. Follow the steps as mentioned in the image and you should be able to share your projects.

Hi @Kal_Lam,

thanks so much for your very quick response. I was actually not in the media tab, but in the general tab when making the print screen. I have now provided a bigger print screen.

The following part of the article, I used to do in the general setting tab:
Open the Settings box, and under ‘Share project with other users’ type in ‘username2’, then select ‘Can submit to’ and click Save Permissions.

In the ‘sharing’ tab I do not see the place where I can select ‘can submit to’ or am I overlooking something?

Thanks again for your support.

All the best,

Frederik

1 Like

Hi @frederiksteenwch,

Please follow the steps as suggested in the attached post discussed earlier:

Hi @Kal_Lam,

thanks a lot for your quick reply again. The reason I always added ‘the can submit to’ users in the general settings tab and not in the sharing setting tab, is because there is no option in the ‘sharing’ tab to assign this. see the screenshot below.

So unfortunately following the steps does not solve the problem. Do you know if anything has changed in the ‘general’ settings tab why it does not show it there anymore?

Best,

Frederik

Hi @frederiksteenwch,

Please note that the can submit has now been change to Add Submissions. Would you mind trying the same.

Also please note that KoBoToolbox’s Support Articles is under the revision process and the changes should be updated soon!

1 Like

Hi @Kal_Lam,

aah that clarifies the change. I can see the ‘add submissions’ in the sharing tab. But I do not see in the list on the sharing tab the accounts that I have previously added to my projects. I noticed that these account have still access to the forms, but I do not have a complete overview of these. Is it possible to see the previously added accounts with ‘can submit’ somewhere? This so that I can manage the permissions well.

All the best,

Frederik

1 Like

Hi @frederiksteenwch,

In this case, you could remove the permissions from the project and once again assign it. You should then be able to see the Add Submissions then.

1 Like

Hi @Kal_Lam

ok thanks. Good to know!

1 Like