Hello! I built a form with the grid theme, and I used a kobo matrix to get some information, so, when I download the data I get an excel file with some empty columns that I don’t need. Is there a way that I can manipulate this excel format so I can share it right away without having to manipulate this file before, change some names, and erase some columns without having to do so everytime I get a response or I want to update the data in my computer.
Unfortunately, KoBoToolbox does not have the feature you request. Hence you will need to do this manually.
However, you could do it the other way round as outlined here:
- Import the xls dataset to a third party software such as SPSS
- Write a syntax to:
- Drop (delete) unwanted variable
- Rename variables (as per your wish)
- Export it back to xls dataset
- Run the syntax to execute what you wish for.
HAVE a GREAT DAY!