Manual submissions are rejected

Hello,

Since there is 1 device couldn’t send submission, I have upload the floder ‘instance’ manually in ‘bulk-submission’ link. And it shows error message like this:

Does this mean there is no form existing for the upload ? or he used the wrong form since beginning ?

Thanks a lot!
Jummy

@Jummy, it seems like these five submissions have already been uploaded to the server. Maybe you will also need to recheck the server to see if the data is already on the server.

@Kal_Lam Thanks! I have checked but there was no data uploaded by this username yet

Can I ask, is it possible if I paste all files in another phone and send to the server ?
Actually there are 34 submissions needed to be uploaded

As a cross check, could you create another dummy project and then make some dummy submissions and try uploading the dummy submissions to the project manually (to see if you have any issues there too)?

ok, I will try on that, thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Kal_Lam
Coming back to update. We discovered the differences of form_id under the same name of project but the form doesn’t exist anymore so we manually change the form_id in all submissions (.XML file) to the existing form_id. Then they all can be uploaded in bulk-submission successfully

1 Like

@Jummy, :clap: :heart: :partying_face: Could you also share the process so that the community having this issue could follow your instructions in the future? TIA :bowing_man:

@Kal_Lam Yes, sure🙂

1. Open the .XML file in computer
  2. Replace ‘old_form_id’ by ‘existing_form_id’ (this one we did compare with the form that can be sent to server)
  3. Save the form
  4. Upload all file by manual submission here: Manually Uploading Submissions — KoboToolbox documentation
1 Like

@Jummy, :clap: :heart: :partying_face: This should be very helpful for anyone having the same issue.

Hi @Jummy and @Kal_Lam,

I am facing a similar problem to submit manually the form as suggested in the tutorial. Someone of my team saved the zipfile of a form. When I submitted on the plateform, I received the following message.

So I tried the @Jummy protocol. I start to unzip the file. The only format I saw is a metaJson (as the following

Do you have any idea on what to do?
Thanks in advance,

Regards

Hi @lisa_vdh
How many instance files you have uploaded (click submit in manual submission)? because here it seems like there is 0 files downloaded “Out of 0 survey instances”

1 Like

Hi again @lisa_vdh
Today lately I just need to do manual submission and they are all uploaded, just the message shows like this

I uploaded in zip.file to the kobo link (after unzip and edit the id of the form, I compressed it as zip.file again to upload)

1 Like