Media Attachments and UUID

Hi,
Previously, the names of folders of the media are the same as UUID.
But it is no longer the same.
Is there anyone who faces the same problem?

Thanks.

Welcome to the community, @aincrad! Could you share with us a screenshot of what you are receiving currently? This should help us get a pictorial view of your issue.

The file directory of the downloaded media attachments is like that.
Previously, the name of the individual folders are the same as UUID of each row.
Now, it is no longer the same.
What I would like to do is to connect each excel row to respective photos.

Hi @aincrad and @Kal_Lam,
I hope it’s ok to jump in, I think I am experiencing the same issue for a handful of pictures. I use Power Query to pull the data and created an URL to access the photos which are saved on our cloud system. For a few pics the URL doesn’t work and I noticed that the uuid provided in the data table in Kobo (or pulled correctly into Excel) is not the same as for the attachment folder these pics are in after the download. In my case these few pics were collected with an earlier version of the form but not sure if this has anything to do with it.

Welcome back to the community, @Frieda! Could you also share a screenshot of the same to show how the same differs? This should help us understand your issue pictorially.

Hi @Kal_Lam , thanks and sure.

Here is a screenshot from the data table online with one example

Here is how it looks after I downloaded the media files, the folder name for that picture does not use the _uuid (like for most of my other media files). So in a few cases a different _uuid is used, hence the URL for the pic does not work.

Do you have any idea? Thanks!

Thank you @Frieda. The issue is very clear. So you mean the same _uuid was used for the image while downloading the image file? Is this the same case with you @aincrad?

Hi @Kal_Lam, just to be clear, it is actually not the same _uuid but a completely new one that is somehow used for the media download. And for each of the datasets that I am experiencing this, it is always a different/new _uuid compared to the one mentioned in the data table in Kobo.
Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you @Frieda, let’s also hear from @aincrad so that we could have a much clear understanding of the issue.

1 Like

@Frieda @Kal_Lam
Thanks, Freida for sharing your problem.
I think I am also experiencing the same issue. I also collected photos with earlier versions of the form. And later on, I guess the UUID changed though the folders’ name stays the same.

@aincrad, @Frieda thank you for brining this to the community. We will have a closer look at it and get back to you.

1 Like

@Kal_Lam it is same as mine - the photo refer UUID isn’t static folder.

If there possible can add feature for photo reference in download file?

Best Regards,
Sophearom

@aincrad, @Frieda, @sophearom I reviewed this issue and observed that the _uuid that is under the DATA>Table is still the same as the download folder. FYI,

_uuid as seen under the DATA>Table

_uuid as seen under the download folder that holds the image

Download path:

aTtcQ6QVELuDoKXfByC6DU_2021_07_14_03_49_46\user_name\attachments\c9a23e10a277414aadca0215efca7ac4

Here,

• aTtcQ6QVELuDoKXfByC6DU_2021_07_14_03_49_46 is the folder.
  • user_name is your username
  • attachments is the folder that holds the image folder
  • c9a23e10a277414aadca0215efca7ac4 is the folder that holds the image which is the same _uuid that is seen under the DATA>Table.

So, I don’t think this is an issue.

Hi @Kal_Lam, thanks for following-up on this.
In the majority of image files for my form it works correctly like you describe it. However, I do see a different download folder holding the images for a few cases (just 5 for me), as seen for example in my screenshots posted on June 29 - it keeps happening with every new download.
I think it might be difficult to replicate this, I only experiencing it with this one form, not with others.

Well, in the end I changed the folder name for those files to correspond to the uuid mentioned under Data > Table.

Best regards,
Frieda

Could you let us know how they were collected? Were they collected through Collect android app or were they collected through Enketo? Would you also mind explaining if those records were edited?

Hi @Kal_Lam,
They were all collected with the Collect android app. I am not sure if I had edited those records. It’s been some time since they were collected and I only noticed around two months later when using Power Query in Excel, or is there a record history I could look this up?
One thing I can make out for sure is that they were collected with an earlier version of the form. Since the latest deployed form the problem did not occur again.
Thanks.

Hi @Frieda
This definitely has to do with the deployment of the older form version if it only affects the 5 records you mentioned. If not, it would be interesting to check the cause. However, in the last two months, nothing has changed so fundamentally to affect the placement.

Regards,
Stephane

1 Like

Hi @stephanealoo,
yes, that’s my guess too.
We continue to collect data with this form and I’ll report back in case more records would occur with this problem.
Thanks and best regards,
Frieda

1 Like