Merge forms into one form

Hello, I would like to know if there is a possibility to merge two surveys into one. That is to say, I have developed a form A and a form B. I would like to import the questions of the form A, of the form B, without this having an impact on the data of the form B. There is t- there such a simple way to be able to do it in the web interface? or does it absolutely have to be done in the Xls Form file?
Thank you

Do you mean you wish to merge the questions or do you mean you also wish to merge the dataset from Form A to Form B?

Hi @esy_cari2020
This feature is not possible as a direct implementation on the platform. However, if you gave more details on the process, there may be users who could have had workarounds. For example:

• Do you want the Form A questions to be Added to Form B questions and not the data? If yes, then simply download both XLS forms and merge them externally and then upload the same back to Form A. Remember, you must ensure that there are no duplicate names.
  • Do you want to merge FormA to Form B and also merge their data such that, when looking at the data you see what was collected as Form A appearing within the form without responses to the part on Form B and vice versa? This is now the tricky part in which we can see if the community has any specific workarounds.

Stephane

1 Like

Dear Kal,

Could you please tell us how to merge forms with data with losing the data.

Welcome to the community, @habibi! Could you kindly explain your issue a bit so that we could help you if it’s diable through KoboToolbox?

Hi Kal,

In our region we collected data using form A and suddenly we have been requested to add automatic calculation to the form A. Instead adding the formula to form A I have created form B with same columns and automatic calculation (means old columns and new formula columns has been added). So I want to merge both forms A and B to have one dataset. is it possible to do it using KOBO or we should use download both forms and merge them using Kobo. In short I want to combine data of two forms in one form.

Looking forward toward your reply.

Regards,

Habibi