Meta data time and date columns changed order in csv download

Dear All,
today I downloaded our first pilot data.I have attached a screenshot of the column order from today’s download (top csv) and from the training uploads last downloaded 9th June (bottom csv) the meta data has changed column order. We made one change between pilot and training but it was just taking skip logic off an unrelated variable… i am not sure why the column order has changed, do you know? and will the order keep changing?

I have uploaded the xls forms from the training stage(Symptoms_Questionnaire_v12.1) and the pilot stage (Symptoms_Questionnaire_v12_MirpurPhase1) Symptoms_Questionnaire_v12_MirpurPhase1.xlsx (50.1 KB) Symptoms_Questionnaire_v12.1.xlsx (37.9 KB)

Hi @cp622,

Could you kindly share with us a more clear screenshot with highlights over the change in the csv ordering. It would be easy for us to better understand your situation.

Have a great day!

Hi @Kal_Lam
Many thanks for your reply. the screen shot i attaced shows two csv files, the file on the top shows the variables interview_date interview_start and interview_end in columns KN, KO, KP of the csv whereas the bottom csv shows these variables in columns A, B and C. The xls forms i uploaded show:
type name
today interview_date
start interview_start
end interview_end
i am not sure what caused the column order to change. Would you have any insight? if it is this column order from this point forward i can deal with it but if the format is likely to change regularly I can’t deal with that in my SAS code,
Best wishes
Catherine

Hi @cp622,

Would you mind making one more try by doing the following in a dummy project and see if it changes:

• Deploy your survey project
  • Collect data and submit the same to the server
  • See the data structure
  • Edit your survey project and redeploy
  • Once again collect data and submit the same to the server
  • Once again see the data structure

If you still see the changes, would you mind sharing the csv file with us so that we could have a closer look at it.

Have a great day!

Hi @Kal_Lam
I will try those steps and get back to you,
Thank you
Catherine

1 Like

Hi @Kal_Lam

We have tested the original pilot form by uploading it to a new dummy project (test1). We then made the change and re-deployed it (test2). We then used the csv option to download using ‘XML values and headers’ with the checkbox ‘Include fields from all 2 deployed versions’ checked-(test2.csv) and unchecked -(test3.csv)
test1.csv and test2.csv were different as i specified earlier in this thread. test3 did not include the meta-data at all.
Then we uploaded the form with the change as a new project rather than re-deploying and exported as csv and it had the original column ordering. i.e. interview_date interview_start and interview_end in columns A, B and C.
Why does redeploying a form change formats of output file, especially when the change was unrelated to the meta-data?

Is there any way that our 18 pilot responses could be added to a newly deployed form (test4)?

Best wishes
Catherine

Hi @cp622,

Have you tried the same with the XLS version?

Have a great day!

Hi @Kal_Lam

Yes when i mentioned original form i meant the XLS form. So the test was uploading the XLS form as a new project test1… then testing as i have specified in my previous post.

Again will re-deploying a form always cause reformatting issues and is it safer to create a new project?

Is there any way to get the 18 responses we have into a newly deployed form?

Best wishes

Catherine

Hi @cp622,

Sorry, i mean have you tried downloading your data in the format as shown in the image below:

Have a great day!

Hi @Kal_Lam

My aplogies, i just downloaded the xls version and i am getting the meta-data at the right hand side of spread sheet i.e. columns KN, KO, KP.

It seems from now on if we wantt o make any changes to the questions in the questionnaire we should upload as a new project and then formatting shouldn’t be affected.

Best wishes

Catherine

1 Like

Hi @cp622,

Yes, that is where i too get my meta-data.

Have a great day!

OK thanks for your help and time @Kal_Lam

Best wishes

Catherine

1 Like