Missing Data in some columns in Data Table

Hi Kobo Community

One of my Kobo Forms is not showing all columns of data in the Data Table. I have 171 submissions but some of the columns are now blank and so are the entries when I view each Form submission. Luckily I can see the data when I download to XL. I’ve tried to reset the data table and this hasn’t worked. Help! Any ideas?

@lucybattaglene, could you share a screenshot of the missing column under the DATA>Table and share with us another screenshot that holds the data from the XLS format that you downloaded? That should be very helpful. We could then think of making an investigation on why this happened at your end.

Sure sharing screenshots here

I’ve chosen not to share the first few columns in XLS as they include personal data but does this give you a picture of the issue?

1 Like

Could you share with me the following through a private message so that I could have a closer look at it?

• Username
  • Project name
  • Server

Hello @Kal_Lam,

I am having the same issue in my project (see screenshots below). The form has several repeat groups, I’m unable to see the data within these in the Data Table view in Kobo but I can when I download an excel copy.

Thanks for your help

@undpvaccination2021, this is how it behaves. The repeat groups are displayed only in the XLS format but cannot be viewed in the table view (except for the repeat group summary, which is displayed in the table view).

Thanks @Kal_Lam.

1 Like

Thanks @Kal_Lam for your quick response!

1 Like