Missing Draft Submissions

Dear Community,

Our team have been using the Kobo Toolbox Enketo app to collect survey data in Bangladesh. During piloting, they saved five incomplete forms as drafts. However, after sending all finalized forms, they went to retrieve the incomplete saved forms and they were no longer in the the ‘Edit Saved Form’ folder. This has happened with a couple of the tablets. This never happened during testing in the UK.

I have already suggested that they try turning the Auto Send option off (which I saw as a suggestion from another post). Do you have any alternative solutions?

Thank you for your help.
Tanya

Hi @tb674,

Welcome to the community! Could you kindly please confirm the mode of data collection (KoBoCollect android app or web-form) that you have used for the pilot test. KoBoCollect android app is an android app that you download from the google playstore and Enketo aka web-form is the method that you collect data using the web browser.

Have a great day!

Hi @Kal_Lam

Thank you for your response. We are using the Kobo Collect Android app.

Hi @tb674,

Kindly please be informed that all the collected forms should have reached the server. If you have any forms that are/were incomplete it gets stored in the Edit Saved Form and does not get synced with the server (unless the survey questions are optional). You could also ensure the same by checking the View Sent Form. All the data that has been synced with the KoBoToolbox gets recorded there.

Have a great day!

Hi @Kal_Lam

Apologies for not being clearer in my earlier message. The issue is that our team tried to retrieve the incomplete forms the following day from ‘Edit Saved Form’ and they had disappeared. These were also not present under ‘View Sent Form’. These had to be re-entered, which is not feasible for our full phase. Do you know what may be causing the incomplete forms to disappear?

Hi @tb674,

In my understanding, while using KoBoCollect android app a saved form should not just disappear (unless it was not saved at the very beginning). Would you mind checking the KoBoToolbox server. It should have landed there. Maybe the enumerator knows some characteristics that he/she filled which he/she could verify it accordingly.

Have a great day!