Missing media files

Hi,

I have a form that asks users to upload several images and to provide a signature.

Several of the media files are missing from the media .zip download, despite the filenames being referenced in the associated field of the xls download.

It is similar to the issue described here: Missing media from .zip download - it doesn’t appear to be a problem with the size of the files, as the majority of missing images are signatures, so only KBs in size.

Forms were completed via browser. Most submissions were gathered without internet connection and uploaded some hours later once a connection had been reestablished.

Any ideas what could be causing the issue? Are the images recoverable?

Many thanks,
Tom

Hi Tom,
This seems to be an issue when submitting from the browsers when uploading upon availability of internet connectivity. There seems to be an issue with the failed uploads. Unfortunately it is not possible to prevent the data loss during submission.

Stephane

Hi Stephane,

Thank you for the speedy response!

Do you think this could be overcome by saving completed forms as a draft first, then submitting them once there is a stable internet connection?

Many thanks,
Tom

Hi Tom,
Yes this could assist; however the failure to submit should not be an issue when collecting offline. I will be testing this further and updating you on it.

Stephane

Hi Stephane,

Thank you again for your response and for your help with this, I look forward to your update.

All the best,
Tom

Hello @stephanealoo,
Would be very interesting to know more about this general problem, please. Does it mean, that if the form is submitted the enumerator can never upload the files. That would mean losing field data.
How to get them then? (Upload manually and Re-edit on server?)
Does the problem also exist for KoBoCollect.?
Kind regards

Hi @stephanealoo,

To add to this, I tried saving completed forms as drafts while offline, and only submitting them once I had a secure WiFi connection. I received this message below the signature box when loading a few of the draft forms for submission:

As the browser was unable to load the file, could it be an issue when saving the signature .png, rather than a problem during submission of the form?

Many thanks,
Tom

Hi
@Wroos

When the form has been submitted and the files are not

@tgmeo

This seems that the browser did not load the file.

Stephane

1 Like