Missing Responses for Questions

Description

I recently finished went to review a survey conducted 3 weeks ago and found that all responses from two of the questions were missing. Any idea why this would have happened? I know the data was collected and I’m not sure why it is no longer available.

Steps to Reproduce

Expected behavior

I saw the data when the surveys were completed and I expected them to remain available today. All other response data is still available except for these two questions.

Actual behavior

*All responses to these two questions are blank.

Additional details

*I tried re-downloading the data but there is still nothing there.

• What should topics in this category generally contain?

• Do we need this category? Can we merge with another category, or subcategory?

Hi @seedchangetz,

Welcome to the community! Seems like you have deployed your survey form a multiple times (where at one moment of time you should have deleted the question and deployed the form).

Would you mind checking this out. For further understanding you could have a look at our support article Recovering data from previous form versions.

Have a great day!

Hi Kal,

Thanks for the tip I’ll look into it and let you know if I’m still unable to collect the data.

Program Manager

Seed Change Tanzania

+255 623 694 090 | www.seedchangetanzania.org

1 Like

Program Manager

Seed Change Tanzania

+255 623 694 090 | www.seedchangetanzania.org

Hi Kal,
I downloaded both versions of the deployed survey but I’m still only getting 3 of the 200 responses. Any idea why this is still happening?

Thanks for your help!

Hi @seedchangetz,

Would you mind providing me the following through a private message so that i could have a closer look at my end:

• Username
  • Server
  • Project name

Have a great day!

Hello,
Could you tell us what the type of these questions is.
Do you remember what had been changed around this question:

• type
  • choice list
  • relevant

Can you try to relate the submission dates of those with missing data to the (then used version = deploy dates (see history). To see it started with which form version. And it is ok for which form version.
General hint (sorry): Avoid changing forms during field work. Test-test-test before.

Hi Kal,
Thanks again for your help and sorry for the delay. I’m happy to send in a private message but I’m not sure how to do that. Can you tell me how to send a private message?

Thanks!

Hello @seedchangetz,
See How do i send a private message to a user in the community forum?
(Sometimes the search option in the community offers an easy help :mag:)

1 Like

Thank you for your help! I have received an error message that says I cannot send a message to Kal. Any idea why this is?

Hi @seedchangetz,

You should now be able to send me a private message.

Have a great day!