Monthly monitoring of land disputes

Hello everyone.
I would like to design a monthly land conflict monitoring form in my project intervention area. Indeed, I collected data during the previous month, and I would like for the current month to collect the same information in order to bring out the differences and in particular all the stages that come into the case of the evolution and the resolution of each recorded conflicts. I would like to know how to go about it on the basis of the basic data collected initially (at the start of the project, as a reference situation).
Thanks for your help

Do you mean you wish to collect information from the same respondent over time (on a monthly basis)?

Yes indeed. I would like to collect information from the same target on a monthly basis. Thus, I will be able to see the evolution, the changes and determine the appropriate solutions to provide a response in case of difficulties.

Kindly please be informed that KoBoToolbox at the moment is not able to handle longitudinal data. There however is already a features request for the same:

Maybe you could VOTE if you wish to make this a reality!

Hi @esy_cari2020
In addition to what @Kal_Lam has indicated, you can build a workaround that relies on the pull data functionality. Your logic would be as follows.

1. Your month on month data should be stored as CSV (so you have to manually organize the data)
  2. Your current (observation) month, should then pull the records from the previous CSV using unique identifier information.

Regards,
Stephane

1 Like

Okay, I got it right, but I think an example could shed more light on my lantern. I will therefore try to make a test file to submit to you, and then so that I can explore stephane’s track. Thank you

Hi @esy_cari2020
When you read the article I shared you should be able to do this.
Stephane

1 Like