More than one group of questions to randomize

Hello community, I have to solve this issue: I have 3 groups of questions to randomize ex. Group 1 from Q1 to Q6, Group 2 from Q7 to Q15 and Group 3 from Q16 to Q23. The random calculation round(random()*6 + 0,5, 0, is working but just for the 1st group. The second one and the third don’t work and I’m using the same formula, there are other things that I have to check? a part to fill the column “relevant” with ${random} = 1 ; ${random} = 2 etc…

@ppatrd_admin, is it that you need to fill up all the questions from Q1 to Q23 but display the groups (Group 1 to Group 3) randomly?

I need 3 groups separated. With the firts group
of questions randomized from q1 to q6. After that when answered, I need that the 2nd group starts from q7 to q15 randomized and so on with the third.
Is it possible to generate 3 different group (q1 to q6; q7 to q15; q16 to q23) of random calculations in the same questionnaire?

@Kal_Lam I don’t know if I was clear. We need 3 different random groups separated, so I think I need 3 different formulas, but for the 1st is easy and works, but the same formula in the same sheet for the 2nd and 3rd groups doesn’t work, I don’t know if I need something to differentiate the 3 formulas to let kobo understand that are referring to different groups.
Thank you

@ppatrd_admin, you should be able to do it as outlined in the image shared below:

In the survey tab of your XLSForm:

Data entry screen as seen in Enketo:

Reference XLSForm:

Selecting one set of questions randomly.xlsx (9.9 KB)