Much of the data collected disappeared into the columns when I wanted to download but in the meantime I could see it before

Hi, I have deployed a survey several times while my interviewers were collecting. Much of the data collected disappeared into the columns when I wanted to download but in the meantime I could see it before.

Am having the same issue discussed here : I downloaded the CSV file of my data from kobo tool box and could not find the earlier data I collected about one month apart

Welcome to the community, @gamado20! Could you kindly share a screenshot of your issue so that we could understand your issue pictorially?

Hello @Kal_Lam

Please can I share with you the whole data base on my server ? Am missing a lot of data.

@gamado20, would you mind sharing with me the following information through a private message so that I could have a closer look at your case:

• Username
  • Project name
  • Server

Note: You could share with me a private message as outlined in the post discussed previously:

Hello @Kal_Lam
Please, any feedback for me about my issue? I have send information you asked me

1 Like

Can you provide some more details, please:
- Which server are you using?
- Which tool are you using: Collect or Enketo (Web form)?
- Are these fields mandatory and not filtered by a relevant clause (e.g. general consent)?
- Did you check the current version of the form with the Online validator?

Maybe, you can share a related extract of your form, incl. choices, please?

1 Like

Hello @wroos

• Am using the global server.
  • Am using web form and kobocollect
  • most fields are not mandatory, but they are always filled in
1 Like

Is there any overall/initial question which can filter out these questions,.e.g. a general consent question?

1 Like

no for both.
Related to online validator, I didn’t use excel for the survey programmation

1 Like

Nevertheless, it is recommended to check your form with the Online validator, during development and before deployment, please. You can easily do it after export of your form as XLSForm from the project/form menu.

1 Like

@gamado20, I think you should have added some questions very late (maybe during the mid-data collection). Could you kindly confirm this? I see that you already have 13 deployed form versions for this project.