Multiple Errors after Upgrading to Tier 2

Hi Admin,

After upgrading to Tier 2 last Saturday, Sept 24, 2022. Our enumerator keeps getting error during submission and during editing.

Here are some examples:

1. Submission Failed - The data server for your form or the Enketo server is down. Please try again later or contact support@kobotoolbox.org (500)
  2. Upload Results - Error: Generic Exception Error: (500) at https://kc.kobotoolbox.org
  3. Internal Server Error.
  4. Submission Failed - Data server did not accept data. Contact the survey administrator please. (400)

Hoping for your prompt response since we are live and using this account.
Kindly send me a private message if you need my account to be checked.

Welcome to the community, @renzinity! Did you mean you are getting this issue after updating the project and deploying it to version 2? Do you also get this issue when submitting a fresh form and trying to edit and submit an edited form?

Hi Kal,

Yes sir, after updating the project from free to Tier 2, there are a lot of error everyday.
Error for submitting and error for editing.

My account is using my email address. Let me know if you need the project name.

Thank you,

another error within my same account in other project, see below

Upload Results
Daily Monitoring Form v2 - Error: Generic Exception: Error: Improperly formatted XML.

@renzinity, would you mind sharing with me the following information through a private message so that I could have a closer look at your case:

• Username
  • Project name
  • Specific issue with that project
  • Server

Note: You could share with me a private message as outlined in the post discussed previously:

Hi Kal,
I can only see this for step 3
no new message is showing

I sent the information through email to Tino Kreutzer from KoboToolbox.
Appreciate if you can help resolving the issue. Our daily submissions decreases significantly.
These errors usually occur from 6PM to 10PM Philippine Time. The server is always DOWN as per our Enumerators.

Thank you.

1 Like

@renzinity, we will investigate and get back to you soon. FYR I have also created a private message detailing the message you sent through mail.

@renzinity, so basically, what I did was I checked the Require authentication to see forms and submit data for the user account you shared through the private message , which was not checked. I then made a dummy entry and then tried to edit the same. So I was successful. Maybe you will also need to check it for other enumerator accounts too.

Hi Kal,

Where is this “required authentication” located?

Regards,
Renz

@renzinity, you should be able to find it here as outlined in the post discussed previously: