Multiple relevance condition

Hello, I want a Group of questions to show only if female users are the ones asking the question and the respondent is a female. I tried using “or” with “and” but it did not work.

Hi @holyemee and welcome to the community!

Can you share screenshots of:

• Label of your relative questions.
  • Label of your relative answers.
  • And the relevance of the group.
1 Like

Welcome @holyemee,
or and and cannot be on the same level, so you would need to put the parts in brackets (…).

Did you check your form with the Online Validator ODK - XLSForm Online v2.x ? This is always recommended during development.

Trying the search function of the forum, can also provide help often, see e.g.
https://community.kobotoolbox.org/t/use-of-if-condition-on-responses-of-multiple-choice-question-for-a-calculate-question/33608/13.

@Kal_Lam : There seems to be no hint in the Help Center articles for this. Might be preferable to add? Maybe include the general precedence hint of XWare, see Restricting a date variable using month-year on XLS - #8 by Xiphware

2 Likes

Thanks for the support. I have been able to resolve it using;

${fa_type} = ‘female_fa’ and (${ra_name}=‘2’ or ${ra_name}=‘6’ or ${ra_name}=‘9’ or ${ra_name}=‘12’ or ${ra_name}=‘18’)

1 Like

@holyemee, :clap: :heart: :partying_face:

[quote=“wroos, post:3, topic:34161, full:true”]

@Kal_Lam : There seems to be no hint in the Help Center articles for this. Might be preferable to add? [/quote]

Thank you, @wroos. Yes, I agree with you. I have marked it as a to-do list for the near future.

1 Like