Multiple xml-external entries

I want to create a parent child project, but in child project I have to also ensure that it does not accept duplicate entries, I have achieved this by connecting the child project to itself and it is working well expect that a risk of duplicate submission if done within five minutes, however I am okay with that, and broadly it is working well. Now I have to also connect the child project with parent project, but since I have already connected it with itself, kobo is not allowing me to connect it with another. Kindly help.

@yasirsaeeed, maybe this post discussed previously should help you solve your issue:

But please note that the syncing time is 5 minutes.

Thank you for your swift response, I am raising the issue of multiple xml-external. Thanks

Just discovered that multiple xml-external entries (including connecting to itself) is actually allowed. My problem solved, thank you so much.

1 Like

Could you kindly explain so that the community should also be able to understand your point? A screenshot would also be helpful.

Sure. So my project has two external connections one is with itself (‘myself’), to ensure duplicate registration number is checked and second with its parent project, ‘dhregistration’ in my case to ensure that only registered hospitals can be monitored. However the delay of 5 minutes is unexciting.