Need a easy way to get old version data on kobo

If we already have an xls form which we have modified, after some duration, if i want to see my old form data in kobo, it is not shown. To get it i have to keep the name given in survey sheet, is it no other easy way to get old form data on kobo??

Hi @mandar,

Have you gone through our support article Recovering Data From Previous Form Versions. It should solve your issue.

Have a great day!

Thank you Kal_Lam

actually i want to see my previous version form data online on kobo as well in order to check it. Is there any way, that after deploying new version, i can still see all the entries of old version online on kobo data table as well.

Hi @mandar,

Do you mean … say you have 50 submissions for V1. Then you made some changes by adding some questions and then redeployed. Collected data and have a total of say 250 submissions (which also includes 50 submissions from V1 and the remaining 200 submissions from V2). So your requirement here is something like able to view the 50 submissions that you had collected against V1?

Kindly please correct me if i understood you differently.

Have a great day!

Hello,
Do you have a saved copy of the previous form version (related to these old cases)? At least in the Show full history view on the server.

Hi @mandar
If your issue is as listed by Kal, then yes you can view this online. However, if your issue is with modification of questions such as deleting a question or adding on V2 compared to V1; This is not possible online. You can only see the data online based on the last deployment.

Stephane

1 Like

Hello,
Is the following not a possible workaround? ( @stephanealoo & @Kal_Lam )

• Save/download the current version.

• Clone (from history), download and re-load the older form version as a next new version of this project.

• Deploy this version.
    Review the old cases with this version.

Afterwards, go back to the current form version, i.e. re-load and re-deploy the current version.
Have a safe week-end.

1 Like

Hi @wroos
That workaround would allow you to see data based on the structure of what one would have most recently deployed. So the same issue would arise i.e. “I can see data based on the older structure and not the newer structure”. So I agree that this workaround would work, but it will only allow seeing on version structure at a time; maybe the only better option for now though.

Regards,
Stephane

1 Like

Thank you stephanealoo and Kal_Lam, yes i have the similar issue, i want to those 50 submissions on the new version online without redeploying the old version.

I got the answer…

1 Like

Dear @Kal_Lam, although data is visible on data table online, it is missing when xls is downloaded (include data from all versions is checked).
Any means please?