New interface wouldn't let me erase a project

I usually work with a new project everyday. The project receives about 3500 submissions by the end of the day. At this point I archive the project and create a new project from the scratch for the next day.

A couple of days later I delete the archived project because I don’t need it anymore and I don’t want it using space. However, since the new interfase was created I have been getting this message when I try to erase the project:

Unable to delete asset! Error details: 504 Gateway Time-out

I found a work around to solve the problem: I moved to the legacy interface and deleted the project from there. It worked every time… until yesterday that the erase projects functionality was suspended from the legacy interface.

Now I am truly stucked with the error msg I get everytime I try to delete my project from the new interface. Important to note that this happens only with larger projects (2000+ submissions). With much lighter projects the detele function works with no issues even from the new interfase.

@Kal_Lam,@Josh, Do you think you can help with this?

Thanks!

Luis

@basualdo, would you mind sharing with me the following through a private message:

• Username
  • Project name
  • Server (HHI as I see from your screenshot)

Hi @Josh.

Do you have an idea of how to work around this time-out msg? It ocurred to me that by deleting the submissions from the Data section and also removing the attached Media Files the overall size of the project would decrease enought to avoid the Time-out but I had no luck.

Can you think of something else?

Thanks a lot

Luis

Hi @basualdo this is a known issue and should be addressed soon. If this is a once-off thing, I can assist with removing the data from the server.

2 Likes

@basualdo, regarding your reason for deleting:

A couple of days later I delete the archived project because I don’t need it anymore and I don’t want it using space

It seems this isn’t a critical step so hopefully it’s alright to wait until a fix :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi @Josh . Thanks a lot for the answer. You’re right: it’s not critical for me to delete older projects. It’s just that I don’t like to use resources that probably someone else can benefit from. But I’m goog with waiting for the fix.

Thanks!

Luis

1 Like

@basualdo, ok great! Don’t stress about using up resources — it’s our job to ensure everyone’s data is accessible :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hi @Josh. I’ve been archiving projects everyday since Jun 17th and I believe each one takes up about 2 or 3 MB. My concern is that some storage limit is imposed on each account and mine gets unabled because of this. Do you know how can I find out when will I get to the limit? Or else, if there’s already a way to erase big archived projects without getting the time out error?

Thanks!

Luis

Hi @basualdo, we definitely won’t disable your account if you reach the limit, however we will be introducing features in the coming months for monitoring storage use and non-humanitarian projects will be able to pay for increased data usage over the limit. The issue for asynchronously deleting projects (as linked above) is still open, but that will solve this problem of deleting large projects.

2 Likes

Got it. I’ll be patient and wait for the fix. Thanks a lot!

2 Likes