New Support Article: Dynamic Data Attachments [Case Management]

This list belongs to parent project

This is formula that I wrote in child project

This is outcome

I want it to bring “Thérapie de groupe (Art therapy) / Art therapy” instead of “ART_THERAPHY” as you can see in the name and label column of the child project. Thanks

1 Like

Thank you for bringing this to the discussion. We will have a look to see how this can be done within the system.

1 Like

Thanks @Kal_Lam I’ll be waiting for your return.

1 Like

Hi,

I have try the great function ‘Connect Projects’ with this tutorial : Dynamic Data Attachments — KoBoToolbox documentation
It’s work great.

It is possible to create a select_one in the child project with choice data come from the parent project ?
If in my parent project, I have a text question, with 2 soumissions : foo and bar.
In my child project, can I create a select_one list with foo and bar choices ?
If I submit a new text data in parent project : test, In my child project, I would have now 3 choices foo, bar and `test.

Thank

@jdugh, we will explore and update this if it’s possible within the system.

1 Like

Something similar , i am also looking for…
This would completely solve external csv update problem… Like everytime csv is updated for choices…

Hope this can also be incorporated in the near future

1 Like

Thanks…this will be helpful in many survey projects

1 Like

@Kal_Lam
If I host kobo on my own server…in that case ,is above scenario possible???

Pls let me know

Hi @Kal_Lam,
For make the “dynamic” list from a parent project data, maybe with a:
select_one ${question_name} can be possible ? (where question_name come from the parent project)

I think this approach is more appropriate in the current survey form that you are filling.

@Kal_Lam
Any update on this…I need this setup…will be very helpful

Looking for this solution

Hi,
I have one question

In parent project, i have this question

Text type
Whats the name of Respondant?
Ans: John

Form submitted

Now,then In child project
Select one type
Que: Name of respondant

in the Drop down options
John ,shud reflect

Is this POSSIBLE??

Parent project’s Q1 answer should become Drop down options for Q1 in child

Welcome to the community, @mikev897! FYI please be informed that I have shifted the post here as the discussion would be more relevant here. Please also be informed that we will explore and update the article that you have requested.

1 Like

Hi guys,
I am using dynamic data Attachments for case management project. It is working properly with Enketo verison (web) but it is not working on KoboCollect …
any support on this?

Welcome to the community, @iyadhoo! Could you explain what is not working so that we could also test at our end?

Hi @Kal_Lam,
You can see from screenshots below I have added 2 submitions in round 1 survey, when I am using the KoboCollect with round2 example, It is not showing any submitted surveys. But in the same time when I open via web version it showed me the 2 submissions and worked properly.
Any support on this?

but in the web Enketo :

Did you update your survey form in the KoBoCollect android app? Also please note that it could take some time to sync the details to the form.

Yes I did,
There is a problem also I realized as follows:
I used auto generated ID using date time calculation (format-date-time(now(), ‘%d%H%M%S’)
when I am trying to retrieve data using the same number it is not working … I just removed this and used static number … it worked !

2 Likes