No data in Excel even though entries are there [change in group names]

Hi,

So, I used the begin_group and end_group functions to make the form scrollable on one screen. Midway through the survey I changed the group name from the automatically generated one to a smaller code. Now while pulling the data into Excel the headers all have the latest group name and variable name (in the format: group_name/variable_name) which is fine. But all the entries in the fields are null, which I do understand. But I would like to know how to get the old data (without having to download it offline). I would ideally like the headers to be of the current version but it’s fine even if they come in the old version.

When I tried using the API Connector Add-on in Google Sheets I get all the data- the only problem being that the changed group name resulted in the each variable getting repeated with the old and new group names (for instance, name comes in groupname_old/name and groupname_new/name). This means I have to create a new field somewhere for ‘name’ which shows either groupname_old/name or groupname_new/name.

Isn’t there a way for the form’s versions and data to move together? Or is there a step I am missing to achieve this?

@manavi_d, maybe this post discussed previously should help you solve your issue: