No visualization of map on phone ( Enketo or Kodocolecte)

Hi,
I’m new to using Kodotoolbox and I’m having some difficulties with the visualization of maps on my phone. I can locate my current location with the GPS point, but I would like to be able to choose another location on the map where I’m not currently at. This feature doesn’t appear to be available on any phone despite using Enketo or Kodocolecte, unlike on my computer.

Thank you for your help and wishing you a good day!

Welcome @theryma,
The documentation and the famous search function of this forum may also help you, please, Question Types - ODK Docs and Search results for 'map not shown collect' - KoboToolbox Community Forum, e.g. In KoBoToolbox Collect, I can't use the map for collecting coordinates of a single point.

2 Likes

@theryma, could you kindly share with the community a screenshot so that the community should also be able to understand your issue pictorially?

Thank you very much. Unfortunately, I didn’t find a solution on the link you sent me. I only use Kootoolbox to create the questionnaire, and initially, the map used to work on the phone but suddenly stopped, which is the most surprising.

Yes, thank you very much for your help. Here’s a screenshot of Enketo. When I click on the button in the middle, I can track my current location, but for my questionnaire, if possible, I would like to be able to record other locations on the map or have the option to enter an address. Once again, thank you for your help.
Enketo:
Capture d'écran 2024-03-13 131413

And here’s a screenshot of Kobocollect :

Can you, please, share an extract of this part of your form (in xlsx format)?

@theryma, would you mind turning your screen to landscape mode? Maybe that could help you solve your issue. But at the same time, please be informed that Enketo is meant to be used with large screens. Hence, if your device has a small screen, you may not be able to see the map. But you will see the map if you open your form with a large-screen device.