Not able to collect data with help of the link

I am not able to start data collection on my form as other are not able to open the link, they are getting the error that form is not available, contact the creator, while it opens on my system.

@snehamishra, are you able to load the project as an admin (creator of the survey project)? Maybe you will also need to validate your XLSForm through this online validator to see if there are any syntax issues.

Thanks for replying!
Yes, I have created the form as an admin on the web itself and not through XLSForm.
Also when I login I am able to load the form but when I am sharing the link with others they are unable to do so.
Please guide!

@snehamishra, maybe your team is using some browsers that are not compatible with Enketo aka webforms. Would you request them to use some modern browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Edge etc.? Also, please ask them to update these browsers to it’s latest version.

Hi @snehamishra,

Can you check in your account settings if this button is ticked or not?

authentication2

And can you share a screenshot of the error you are getting?

Best,

1 Like

Thanks @hakan_cetinkaya !
This is ticked in my account settings.
Should it be otherwise?
If I wish to have authentication enabled to submit data, what should i do next?
Appreciate your help!

Cheers, Sneha

Hi @snehamishra,

If you want authentication to turned on, you can check these wonderful support articles:
https://support.kobotoolbox.org/managing_permissions.html
https://support.kobotoolbox.org/row_level_permissions.html

They will cover most of the answers to your questions.
In case you need further help, don’t hesitate to ask.

Best,

1 Like

Checking these ! thanks again

2 Likes

Just to confirm, after enabling authentication, I need to know user names, give them access in form settings and then they can submit the data?

And if the privacy setting -require authentication is unchecked then anyone with the link can submit the data?

1 Like

@snehamishra,

That’s exactly like that.

1 Like

Thanks, I am finally able to circulate the link and the team is able to enter data!

2 Likes

@snehamishra :clap: :clap: :slight_smile:

1 Like