Overall flow and custom mobile app

Hi folks,

I am building a mobile app for data collection which leverages the KoBo REST apis. It works just like KoBoCollect, but of course has a different UI.

One of the projects who need it has a workflow which I have not seen documented anywhere. On KoBoCollect under “Server Settings”, they enter the URL "h t t p s ://kc.kobotoolbox.org/NAME" - with a blank username and password. This gives them access to their shared forms without any further authentication.

This only seems to work in KoBoCollect and I get nothing back from a GET or POST using curl or the browser.

Apologies if this is common knowledge. I am fairly new to KoBo.

Incidentally, if you want to try out the app, it is available on iOS and Android as “CyberTracker”.

Thanks!

@justinsven, you could check out the source code here to see if you have missed anything from the Collect android app.

I noticed that some of the documentation implies that kc.kobotoolbox.org is going away, so this would be a short term thing. Thanks for the link!

To complete the question, the way to get a form list of publicly shared form without authentication is:
“h t t p s://kc.kobotoolbox.org/NAME/formList” - which returns a list of xform references in XML.

Thanks Kal_Lam for the pointer to the code.

1 Like

@justinsven, :clap: :heart: :partying_face:

If you havent already, you probably also want to check out the OpenRosa APIs, since this is (ostensibly) what KoBoCollect/ODK Collect use to pull forms and push submissions.

Curious, is your CyberTracker open-source? GitHub repo? …

1 Like

Yes, CyberTracker is open-source and you can check it out here:

1 Like