Photos inaccessible when viewing data

Hi, I am unable to see some pictures when I access forms uploaded by my colleague (see screenshot). Often I can see the first pictures in the form but I cannot access the last 5 or so. On some forms I can not access any pictures.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? What could it be due to?

Thanks in advance, Hannah

Hi @wood,

Welcome to the community! Would you mind opening the filled up survey form by switching to different browsers?

1 Like

Hi Kal_Lam thanks for your suggestion. I’ve also tried opening the form in Firefox (I’m using Chrome), but it doesn’t seem to make a difference. I’m now thinking it could be a connection problem on my colleague’s side? What do you think? Hannah

Hi @wood,

I too tried this at my end recently and came up with some findings should should be helpful for your. Please see the image below:

For the first question (Photo), i used Photo question type and i could see the image when i tired to upload a photo in the Enketo. For the second question viz. Photo (file) i used File question type and here i could not see the image that i uploaded. Maybe this could be a reason on why you are not able to see images while filling up form.

Would you mind checking this at your end. Please try ensuring the question type you have used in your survey form.

Hi Kal_Lam, unfortunately all my questions other than the identification are photo question types, so I’m afraid this doesn’t seem to be the issue.

Hi @wood,

Is it possible to share your xlsform with us so that we could have a look at our end. Would also appreciate if you could specify the question numbers so that we would be able to look at your xlsform being more specific with the pointed out questions.

GOOD DAY!

Hi @Kal_Lam, I cannot upload an attachment on this platform as I am a new user. Do you have an email address I can forward it to? Hannah

Hi Hannah
I am picking this from the original thread and having also read what @Kal_Lam had indicated to you. In this case if your issue is that you cannot see the photos once they have been collected by the data collectors, then it is possible an issue with the size of the photos which may have been too large to be submitted. I would thus recommend the following:

1. Check the device that collected the data and see if you can find all the photos that were collected in them.
  2. If the photos exist, then check the sizes of what was submitted and what was not submitted to see if there is a difference in their sizes. If there is then it is an obvious issue on size.

In addition check the following support articlee on how to manage media size

Regards
Stephane

1 Like