Please help test Enketo 2.8.1

Thank you to everyone who helped to test Enketo 2.8.0 :pray: Unfortunately, due to some noted issues from the Enketo team, we were advised not to upgrade to that version.

We would love your help to continue testing with the new release of 2.8.1 which addresses that main issue.

Please use the same link for the testing server and put the update through its paces :muscle: As a reminder, pay special attention to calculations, validation criteria, and skip logic.

https://enketo.for-testing-only.kbtdev.org

Again, please share your testing results by replying to this post. Even if you find that everything works properly, it’s still helpful for us to know that :ok_hand:

cc. @Kal_Lam, @stephanealoo, @wroos, @nat, @paani, @rahmat, @aamra, @Sjlver, @Rassam, @manu_j

2 Likes

Hello, I tested out a form which was previously deployed using the single url link from the list of URLs.

I found out that one of the calculated field was not working as intended. Said calculate field is in repeat group, with other calculate fields, which work properly. I tested it out on my KoboCollect app as well, where it is working fine. But on the testing url, I couldn’t see the value of the field which was referenced using jr:choice-name function.

I think jr:choice-name() is causing the issue. I say this because I had wrapped that function in the else part of an if-else condition. The if part is working (giving out the value), but the else part is not.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Thanks for this great feedback @paani :pray:

1 Like

Hi @paani, thanks! Would you be able to share an example form with us that demonstrates the bug?

1 Like

Sent you a PM

1 Like

After some further testing, we determined that this also occurs in Enketo 2.5.6 (the older version that’s currently deployed on our servers), and as such it won’t block our upgrade to 2.8.1.

Everyone, please flag any other issues that you’ve found with 2.8.1. If no regressions are found from 2.5.6, we’ll proceed with deploying 2.8.1. Thanks!

2 Likes

cc. @wroos, @nat, @rahmat, @aamra, @Sjlver, @Rassam, @manu_j :point_up:

2 Likes

Will 2.8.1 version include last-saved function? Because currently, I get the following error on the web form :

Failed to load data from jr://instance/last-saved

Hi @paani, I get this error on the production instance running 2.5.6 but the testing server with 2.8.1 worked in my testing. Can you please send me the form you used to get this error on the testing server :+1:

(Unless I misunderstood your question and that error is actually from 2.5.6 — if that is the case, then 2.8.1 does in fact support last-saved)

3 Likes

Yeah this is what I was looking for. Looking forward to the update. :smile:

2 Likes

Hi @Josh, I have tested Enketo 2.8.1 and it seems working as expected, at least with my xlsform. The form pulls data from external csv file and contains calculation with jr:choice-name() function. It worked and data successfully submitted.

3 Likes