Pop up message to check option selected

Hello,

We would like to add a “double-check” feature in our forms, so that all select_one and select_multiple questions have something that pops up indicating the answer selected with two choices: back (if incorrect so they fix it) or ok – which allows forward movement.

This would help reducing mistakes from people clicking the wrong thing.

Does anybody know if this is feasible and how to do this?

Hope I’m not duplicating an already existing discussion, I’ve looked on the forum for similar topics but could not find anything.

Many thanks

Diane

Hi @dianedetoeuf,

Could you share with the community the dummy question (with 2 to 3 questions) so that the community would have a look at it to see if it’s possible or not.

Have a great day!

Hi @dianedetoeuf
Just to echo @Kal_Lam I will tease out your message to bring more details out

Generally such kind of rules would be handled using constraints which are explained in the article here. You should know that constraints can take any calculation parameters including use of advanced calculations. However when working on constraints which read select one and select multiple at the same time, remember to consider them as per there data type i.e. select multiple will always present as text so use text calculation. On the other hand select one questions could be integer or text depending on the values you put in.

You need to really provide a very concrete example of questions and some of the rules you would like to affect so that users can chime in.

Stephane

1 Like

Hi,

Not sure this can be done with constraint.

For each question with select_one, I’d like a message poping up right after the choice is selected; like this:

• What is your favourite color?
    • Blue
    • Yello
    • Green
      When green is selected, a message appear saying:
      ‘You’ve selected Green. Is that the correct answer?’
      With 2 choices:
      - No, change my choice
      - Yes, move forward.

And this for each select type question.

Best

Diane

Hi @dianedetoeuf,

Would you mind having a look at a simple workaround (as outlined in the image below) i have made for your reference. Hope it solves your issue. But please note, i have used an additional variable to validate the survey question.

In the survey tab of your xlsform:

In the choices tab of your xlsform:
Image 0.2

Data Entry Form Seen in Enketo:

Sample Data filled in Enketo:

Reference xlsform:
Constraint Check.xls (27.5 KB)

Have a great day!

2 Likes

Hi @Kal_Lam,

Nice workaround, thank you so much for taking the time to develop this! Very useful.

Best

Diane

1 Like