Possible reasons for form saved failed

Hi All,

We regularly experience the following error:
“Sorry, form save failed! Attempt to invoke virtual methond ‘int org.sead.collect.android.logic.FormController.validateAnswers(boolean)’ on a null object reference”

• What are some of the troubleshooting steps that we can take to resolve this error from general experience?
  • What could be some of the reasons for this error?
  • What steps have individuals taken to resolve this error?

This is a call to the community to just ascertain general experience. This will be greatly appreciated.

Could you kindly let us know the following so that it would be easy for us to troubleshoot your issue:

• The server you are using (OCHA or HHI)
  • Data collection method you are using (Enketo or KoBoCollect android app/ODK Collect android app)
  • If you are using the Collect android app could you kindly let us know the version you are using?
  • Could you also let us know the android version and device name you are using

Hi @Kal_Lam

• The server we are using is our own server.
  • We are making use of the KoBoCollect android app
  • It is multiple device types and versions.

We appreciate that you are willing to troubleshoot and thank you for that. We know that, because it is our own server, that it is not really possible. We are more looking at general reasons or trouble shooting actions to just give us a starting point.

Thank you very much for the super fast reply. It is always greatly appreciated.

OK, in this case i would advise you to do the following:

Could you upload your xlsform to one of the servers hosted by KoBoToolbox (i.e. either the HHI or the OCHA server) and see if you see the same issue?

2 Likes

Thank you. Let me do that.

1 Like