Poverty calculate

Hi guys, I’m working on this xls form, but it throws me an error message in cal_ingresos, and I don’t know what it can be. I started getting the error when I created the poverty calculation that I am doing in cal_pobreza_categorias. I tried several times, replacing the name, checking the formula. But I don’t know what I need. If you can help me please.

I could not attach the file because I am a new member, does anyone know how I can share the project?

hI @pao_rojas
Welcome to the community forum. The issue you are raising is definitely with your calculation function. Have you had a chance to check our article on how to do advanced calculations? Also ensure you check on the following common mistakes:

1. Not placing question/variable names within the ${{
  2. Using wrong spelling of variable/question names
  3. Creating a loop referencing

Most importantly mention exactly the error you are seeing and try using this link to test your form first.

Stephane

1 Like

Hi Stephanealoo, thanksss!!! yes, I did it with this link and I get that the error is that it cannot find the question with the name cal_ingresos, but I have already searched and everything is apparently fine can share you the file?

Have you confirmed that you do have cal_ingresos as spelt out within your questions? I am afraid that this could just be the first error and there are multiple others. I would insist you check everywhere this cal_ingresos has been used and amend. You can then test the survey on the link once again

1 Like

@pao_rojas, have you validated your xlsform through this online validator? It should help you identify the syntax issues present within your xlsform.

Also, please be informed that you should now be able to upload your xlsform in the community. If you are not able to upload, please refresh your page.

Copy of Formato XLS Score Card Nueva versión_COLME.xlsx (27.6 KB)

Dear @stephanealoo and @Kal_Lam I have rechecked the questions with the names of cal_ingresos, I made sure that it was the same in the formulation of the calculation and I tried it again in the link XLSForm Online v2.x but I still get the error.

Please find attached the file for your reference

thank you very much for your support

What is the error you get this time round?

This is the error :

Error: There has been a problem trying to replace ${​cal_ingresos} with the XPath to the survey element named ‘​cal_ingresos’. There is no survey element with this name.

Hi @pao_rojas
I have looked at your form and the issue is with your formulas, you needed to change your $ and { & } throughout the document.

Copy of Formato XLS Score Card Nueva versión_COLME.xlsx (27.6 KB)

See attached one.
Stephane

1 Like

Thanks!!! @stephanealoo I managed to solve the problem thanks to your great support.

I also identified other errors in the calculation and fixed it.

Thanks again !!

1 Like