Preventing duplicate option selections in KoboToolbox select_one questions with external CSV files

I am using a select_one question in my KoboToolbox form that populates its options from an external CSV file. How can I prevent users from selecting the same option value? Ideally, the option value would be hidden or removed from the list of choices once it has been selected by another user.

For example, if the CSV file contains the following option values:

• Option 1
  • Option 2
  • Option 3

And User A selects Option 1, I would like Option 1 to be hidden or removed from the list of choices for all users making subsequent form population.

Is this possible? If so, how can I achieve it?

Thank you for your assistance.

Welcome back to the community, @uchechinedu01! So you mean once Option 1 is selected by, say, Enumerator 1, Option 1 should not be available for other enumerators? If this is the case, I fear this is impossible within the system. However, I would keep this post open for the community to chime in for workarounds.

Thank you @Kal_Lam for you response. I’m currently experimenting with the Kobo API to see if this can be done progammatically. I’ll make sure to update the house and share any working scripts if I’m able to find a workaround to this. Thank you