Preview error

There does not seem to be a allow_choice_duplicates column header defined in your settings sheet. You must have set allow_choice_duplicates setting in your settings sheet to have duplicate choice list names in your choices sheet

On my kobotool box form, I am not sure where to select the allow choice duplicates? Where can I fix this i have looked at other peoples concern but does not seem helpful to my cause. Thank-you

Hi @junipersanson,

Welcome to the community! Maybe this post discussed previously should help you figure out your issue:

If you still have issues, kindly please feel free to share your xlsform. If you feel that they should be treated confidentially (you could also share them through a private message).

Have a great day!

1 Like

The solution offered requires we return to the XLS form.
If we already have a survey in place, is there a way we allow_choice_duplicates directly onto the “edit form” process? I cannot see any option to do this.
Thank you

Hi @skillculator_fiji,

Welcome to the community! Regarding your query:

Yes, the same can also be searched through the Edit Form but it should take a lot of time as you will need to do this manually and sometimes your eyes might skip the error (despite going through it). While doing the same in an xlsform users can use the Excel formula to capture duplicates within the variables (thus even if your eyes miss the same, the formula captures it). Hence this is one strong reason why we advise users to use the xlsform to identify duplicates within a variable name.

Have a great day!

1 Like